Monday, April 27, 2009

And my many blessings…


Every day before snack time, our class sings a prayer:

"Thank you, God
For my food
And my many blessings
Say Amen."

Several days ago, I asked the kids to tell me some of the blessings in their lives.

This is what they came up with:

- my mom
- my dad
- my sister
- books to read
- the sun
- my friends
- the playground


Before we were done, one of my boys raised his hand and said “You!” He shyly put his head down on his desk as my face filled with joy. What a sweet thing to say! It is my prayer that I have been a blessing to each one of these kids.

As my class heads towards Kindergarten, I am sad to see them go. They all have been little blessings to me. I’m looking forward to enjoying this last month or so that I have with them.

May God send many blessings your way today!

No comments: